Thursday, June 11, 2009

my random tangent in email form for anyone to read

First, can you believe this Letterman b.s. about her calling him a pervert... omg


Despite the obvious fact that This Mortal Coil took cover songs seriously first, I might spend time listening to the band Nouvelle Vague; currently on tour. Listening to their bossa nova version of "Too drunk to fuck" is pretty genius IMO. I actually like some of it like the one called "All My Colors" with Ian Mculloch or the one called "So Lonely"; ska version of "Ca Plan Pour Moi". I like it more when I don't know the original... don't like "Our lips are sealed".


"...the songs are also inspired by country music and bluegrass. For this is what they do best; they take the songs that you adore and make you fall in love with them all over again"
yea, I feel like a latecomer to this but I'm just not as focused on music at the moment. Paris, the city, is coming up a lot. I started translating an Enki Bilal book from French to English, a book that was released last March only in French. I'm getting help from someone through email communication. She volunteered through reading about my quest on my blog. We went through one round of exchanges.


I'm also addicted to The Lonely Island videos. I'm really never completely far from a college mentality being that I work at one. But I love stuff like "Giraffes!" and "Barky Bark and the Donkey Bunch" and "The Japanese Office." It's just uncomfortable enough when they do stuff like "Motherlovers" or "Jizz In My Pants". I don't want to like it but I can really see how they push it over the line that makes you think about how we're starved for silly crap after the dark ages of the last 8 years.


I wrote to the President about Art Bell's immigration case. I wrote a very intelligent letter on the web contact form. I think I will send a formal typed letter snail mail, too. It really sucks for Art.

No comments: