Thursday, June 11, 2009

NPR: Joss Whedon - Slayers, Dolls and Singing Villains

Three months ago I wrote this below entry about "Dollhouse" and I want to state here that I'm glad I stuck with it and that Fox is sticking with it!

original post on 3/10/09 at 6:26PM
This is an excellent conversation that Joss Whedon has with NPR's David Bianculli about his new show "Dollhouse" which airs on Fox on Friday nights.

Watching the first four episodes of "Dollhouse" I am not sold on it, but I'm sticking with it. I was eager to love it, but then the constant flesh-sploitation of the women characters was a turn off for me. I care more about what's often going on with the characters that have two lines such as Amy Acker's Claire Saunders.

The interview also extensively covers Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog with samples of the musical commentary that can be found on DVD as an audio commentary musical track.

1 comment:

isabel said...

Yeah, I was sooo not enjoying the early episodes (the scenarios felt incredibly tired and regurgitated and I was embarrassed for everyone involved, including myself for watching week after week). But the last few eps really pulled together -- loved seeing Alan Tudyk chew some scenery.