Monday, March 30, 2009

R.I.P. Andy Hallett

I am devastated at hearing of the passing of the superb actor Andy Hallett. He played one of the best characters in the Whedonverse on television: "Lorne" from "Angel". He was an owner of a nightclub, able to read any person by having them sing for him. One of many memorable performances includes the song "Lady Marmalade" he sang in the "Vegas" episode called "The House Always Wins". He says in this interview that this was his favorite episode on "Angel."

I attended an event where he appeared as a guest. He mentioned briefly that he was ill earlier that year, but performed for us as if he was on top of the world. We never wanted him to leave. His presence in the room was obvious, but he was also generous and kind to his fans.

Like his fans, his fellow cast members must be just in shock. My thoughts are with Andy's friends and family; I wish them strength in saying farewell to whom they all must feel touched their souls.

No comments: